Sunday, October 3, 2010

we've been together since i was born.




holy man. The semester is really speeding forward fast. I can't believe its october already! Ive already been in one show in the student gallery, and now this upcoming week advanced sculpture is having a show in the student gallery. Two shows in two weeks! oh man. Everyone go see it!

I'm having a hard time getting myself to have patience in life drawing two. Its like trying to slam on the breaks when you are speeding along at 60 miles per hour. I have a lot of class and assignments and then work on top of that. Its hard to just stop, relax, and draw. But regardless of my lack of patience, i think i'm improving a lot anyways. I'm a big picture person, so being able to see all of the small details in the skulls is surprising me.

Anyways, the top picture is a little watercolor study i did. I've never really painted with watercolors much before, but i've slowly been able to get into it. Its good for sketchbooking. The second photo is the first skull drawing i did. Obviously i wasn't really focusing while drawing this first one. I didn't pay attention to details as much. I kind of like the last drawing. I think im starting to get the hang of making the form seem 3d. starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment