Sunday, September 19, 2010

half of the time we're gone, but we don't know where.






Getting back into the swing of things! I thought it would take me longer to feel comfortable with charcoal in hand again, but its been surprisingly fast to catch on this semester. I guess it is because there was only a summer since my last drawing. Whereas when i took life drawing one, it had been a solid year without any extreme drawing. I kind of caught myself off guard with how well i have started off. Of course, i still have tons to learn. I think some of my proportions are off still. Hopefully that will get better as the semester goes on.

Some things that i want to work on this semester are line quality and patience. I get too antsy with drawings. Slowing down and taking time to observe and appreciate every mark is something that I'm going to try to aim for. At this point in my college career, it's hard for me to just...relax. Maybe not necessarily relax, but just getting into the mindset of being calm and patient enough to just think about drawing. Work and school and life are always wearing me out these days. Oofta. Here's to a good semester.

1 comment:

  1. SLOW DOWN AND APPRECIATE EVERY MARK!! haha I love how you put that part in there because that completely describes how our painting styles are so different. I can see why that part would be such a struggle in these drawings because they are slow, controlled, and develop slowly and naturally- your paintings are always like a burst of energy and you like attack the canvas. You cannot attack these skulls Missy no no. I do appreciate that you put the bottles in some of your pictures, they look like little bodies for your skeleton heads.

    ReplyDelete