Sunday, October 10, 2010

what i did this week. whiplashed.




this week was...busy. everything always is.

Sculpture 2 had a show in the student gallery this past week and i spent a lot of time in the gallery. I really like how the show turned out. I think it was good especially considering we only had about a week to come up with the idea and execute it. By the end of the week I really ended up appreciating the space. The visuals along with the overlapping songs had a great effect on the space. I really liked how the viewer was able to pick out songs from the initial mess of sound depending on their past experiences or place in the room.

Anyways, i havent painted much since this summer. Since i'm not in a painting class now (DUMB I KNOW) i really need to start getting on that and making things. I think giving myself painting time will give me time to be patient and slow down, which will be good for life drawing. Its hard trying to concentrate on something so tedious as life drawing. Dont get me wrong though, i really enjoy drawing. Its just hard to get to that 'place' when you are used to running around all the time. Time to start learning how to balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment